This course defines the concept of a Geographic Information System (GIS) and provides trainees with an understanding of MapInfo functionality that will enable them to create maps and analyse their data in a spatial context. We have also included several self-paced problem-solving exercises that are designed to reinforce the various topics and features covered.
MapInfo Professional Basics
- Layers, Tables and Workspaces
- Displaying and Manipulating Spatial Information
- Selections and Analysis
- Gathering and Querying Information from MapInfo
- Creating Thematic Maps
- Creating and Manipulating Data
- Geocoding and Creating Points
- Creating Buffers
- Opening Data Files
- Data Presentation / Output
- LayoutsElectronic Output
Who Should Attend?
The course has been specifically developed for the novice MapInfo Professional user and those who have not had any formal training.