CONTACT NAME: Jonathan Irvine
ROLE: Project Geoscientist
COMPANY: Geological Survey of South Australia, Department of State Development, Government of South Australia.
ADDRESS: GPO Box 320, Adelaide, South Australia, SA 5001
WEBSITE URL: http://www.minerals.dmitre.sa.gov.au/
PHONE: +61 (8) 8204 1702
Total number of submissions: 4
Category - Maps On Panels
- Title - WINTINNA 1:250,000 Geological Map
- Material - Paper
- Scale - 1:250,000
- Dimensions - 1020 x 720 mm
- Authors - Rogers, P.A., Freeman, P.J and Sheard, M.J., Geological Survey of South Australia
- Published by - Geological Survey of South Australia / Spatial Information Services Branch, Primary Industries and Regions South Australia
- Date published - 04/2015
- Language of the legend - English
Brief abstract or additional comments (maximum 100 words)
The WINTINNA 1:250000 scale geological map is a recent example of a standard series which covers virtually all of Australia. The map reduces exploration risk by illustrating the area’s geological history and mineral and petroleum potential, but its all-inclusive scope informs other users. It was compiled from field mapping observations and aerial photo interpretation, enhanced by a reference, cross sections, geophysical images and interpretive sketches.
Crystalline basement rocks of the Archaean-Proterozoic Gawler Craton and Proterozoic Musgrave Province are covered except for one small area by up to four sedimentary basins where episodic deposition spans the Neoproterozoic-Cambrian, Carboniferous-Permian, Jurassic-Cretaceous and Cenozoic.