CONTACT NAME: Stephen Bandy
ROLE: General Manager, Geoscience Information, Geological Survey of Western Australia
COMPANY: Department of Mines and Petroleum
ADDRESS: 100 Plain Street, East Perth, Western Australia 6004
WEBSITE URL: www.dmp.wa.gov.au/gswa
PHONE: +61 8 9222 3201
Category - Maps On Panels
- Title - Major Resource Projects 2015
- Type - This map is published in digital format (PDF) and therefore, can be reproduced on any medium.
The PDF is available online at http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/GSWApublications. In addition, the map is offset printed for distribution at conferences and seminars. These paper copies are also available from: Information Centre Department of Mines and Petroleum.
- Scale - 1:3 000 000
- Dimensions of the sheet (in millimetre) - 708.5 x 1004
- Authors - Compiled by RW Cooper, PB Abeysinghe, C Strong and F Irimies 2015
The recommended reference for this map is: Cooper, RW , Abeysingh e, P B, Strong, C and Irimies, F 2015, Major Resource Projects, Western Australia — 2015 (1:3 000 000 scale): Geological Survey of Western Australia
- Published by - Published by the Geological Survey of Western Australia
- Date published - January 2015
- Language of the legend - English
Brief abstract or additional comments (maximum 100 words)
DMP’s Major Resource Projects Map provides a complete coverage of all major mineral and petroleum projects in Western Australia, onshore and offshore, together with their operating status – ‘in production’ or ‘proposed’.
The map is produced annually while the project data is updated weekly and is made available online. This map provides a quick spatial appreciation of the State’s major resource projects and is a valuable tool that can be used to complement project planning presentations for projects around the state. ‘Major’ is defined as projects with an annual production value of more than $10 million or where the capital cost of development is more than $30 million.