CONTACT NAME: Stephen Bandy
ROLE: General Manager, Geoscience Information, Geological Survey of Western Australia
COMPANY: Department of Mines and Petroleum
ADDRESS: 100 Plain Street, East Perth, Western Australia 6004
WEBSITE URL: www.dmp.wa.gov.au/gswa
PHONE: +61 8 9222 3201
Category - Maps On Panels
- Title - Charnley, WA Sheet SE 51-4 (2nd edition), 1:250 000 Geological Series.
- Type - This map is published in digital format (PDF) and therefore, can be reproduced on any medium.
The PDF is available online at http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/GSWApublications. Paper copies are available from: Information Centre Department of Mines and Petroleum. The 1:250 000 Geological Series maps have been reproduced on plastic as banners for promotional work.
- Scale - 1:250 000
- Dimensions of the sheet (in millimetre) - 1181 x 718.5
- Authors - Compiled by C Phillips and N de Souza Kovacs 2013–14
The recommended reference for this map is: Phillips, C and de Souza Kovacs, N 2014, Charnley, WA Sheet SE 51-4 (2nd edition): Geological Survey of Western Australia, 1:250 000 Geological Series.
- Published by - Published by Geological Survey of Western Australia
- Date published - June 2014
- Language of the legend - English
Brief abstract or additional comments (maximum 100 words)
In WA the 1:250 000 maps are now published as interim integrations of more detailed mapping, or where 1:100 000 mapping is not warranted or feasible. The use of 1:250,000 as a scale for geological series maps was to facilitate the rapid capture of geology to assist with the identification of resources. 1:250,000 geological maps portray a regional representation of the surface geology and can assist with geological exploration by identifying areas of potential mineralization.
This Charnley 1:250 000 map is essentially a re-assessment of the original 1st edition mapping, with integration of digitally captured original field observations, intermediate field geology otherwise unpublished, and limited ground checking.