Continuing Professional Development
- To provide the Mapping Sciences Institute, Australia with a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program for all members.
- To enable members of the Institute to remain at the forefront of practice in the mapping sciences, information management, and presentation, thus enhancing their ability to provide an efficient and effective service to the community.
- To formalise a program for members to undertake continuous professional development if they wish to do so.
- To introduce a means by which Associate Members can progress to Member grade via accredited CPD points.
- To ensure the Institute, on behalf of its members, holds a prominent role in the development of education and training relevant to the mapping sciences and cartography.
- To ensure that the professional reputation of the Institute's members are maintained at the highest level.
Notification of CPD points
Each member has the responsibility to notify the CPD Manager once CPD points have been accumulated for an eligible activity. See contact details below. To further assist with this process a Member's "Advice Form" follows which should be completed to the CPD Manager.
The two year accumulation period commences from receipt of the first lodgement of a CPD form by the member.
The Manager, Continuing Professional Development maybe contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the form, complete the details and email the form to the email address above along with a scanned copy of your notification of attendance at the appropriate course or event.
The address for the return of paper copies of the CPD form is
Mapping Sciences Institute, Australia
GPO Box 1817,
BRISBANE QLD 4001